Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day!

Happy 4th of July! I know, the day's almost over, but I just had to post that. Plus I wanted to say thank you to all those who have fought for our great country to help us maintain our freedom and independence. You and your families have given of yourselves, and for some the ultimate price of his/her life, in a way many of us can't even imagine. Thank you.

I had so wanted to start blogging regularly. Even had a subject matter for yesterday's post, a recipe to start the week with today; however, illness prevailed. BooHoo :-( Heading to the doctor tomorrow to see WTH is up with this cold I've had now for over a week. Can barely take a decent breath without it setting off a coughing fit. Heck, I wake up in the middle of the night & the fits begin. Hopefully doc can give me something so I can get back on with my life. Stupid cold interfered with my entire 4th of July weekend and missed out on some gorgeous weather this past week....Grrrrrrr!!! At least I didn't miss out on fireworks, as my son HATES loud noises; so he probably would have totally freaked if we went somewhere to watch them. Plus, after he went to bed this evening, I got to hang out by the fire pit and watch 4 different mini fireworks displays set off by various neighbors in the area. One party even had a pretty good DJ/mix of songs going on! However, I will say, the "fireworks" display by the lightening bugs and the gorgeous stars out tonight were 1,000% better than what the neighbors had going on!!!

Oh well, tomorrow's another day. Let's see what it brings. Hopefully some good news from the doc! Goodnight & sweet dreams everyone! Wishing you peace, love, and happiness from Krissy's Mixing Bowl

No comments: