Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week 1 of Staycation Time

This week my husband is on vacation from his regular job, so we're using the time to do day trips and other fun things with our son.  I will say it's definitely different from vacations/staycations we've had in the past since my husband and I are currently in the process of separating/divorcing.  But, for the most part, we do get along, so it's not like time spent together is really awkward or anything.  Plus, we've both agreed to put our differences/issues aside for the sake of our son.  No need to make anything harder on him than it will already be once things are finalized.

Yesterday was a picture perfect day here in NY, so we took a trip up to the park on Glenmere Lake in the next town over from where we live.  I always forget that it's there, which is a shame since it's a GORGEOUS place to spend an afternoon :-)  For me, there's nothing more relaxing than being by the water.  After our beautiful and tasty waterfront picnic lunch (Got to love sandwiches from the Quaker Creek Store!!!), we headed home for a bit and then went bowling in Chester.  Well, EJ was a bit tired/cranky from the earlier events of the day, so bowling wasn't too huge of a success, despite him asking for weeks to go.  Since we had to take turns keeping EJ from running across everyone's lanes and going amok in the bowling alley, I completely forgot to take my camera out while we were there.  Oh well, there's always next time!!!

My main man - EJ!!!
Mommy & EJ enjoying our picnic lunch at the lake :-)  What more could I really ask for?

A gorgeous view

Clouds reflecting on the shimmering lake :-)  Wish I had my better/fancier camera for this shot!

Guess the chains are so that Yogi & Boo-Boo Bear don't run off with the pic-a-nic table - lol :-)

Lovin' the Dragonfly!!!  Again, wish I had my better camera for this shot.
Bye Bye Mommy!!!
"You should have seen the one that got away...He was this big...."

On our agenda for the remainder of the week we'll be off to Space Farms in Jersey, a pool playdate at a friend's house, and probably the Great American Weekend in Goshen.  Then, onto the following week, where the husband will be around once again.  He's already got plans for some "guy time" with EJ, which will be great for me.  As much as I adore and love my son, at least it will get them out of the house so I can clean/organize with no one underfoot and messing up what I did within less than an hour's time of my doing it...And, no, I'm not talking about my son, either!

Guess I should go and get my batteries charged and ready for tomorrow's adventures!

Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,
Krissy

2 comments:

CML72 said...

I would strongly suggest Claws N Paws in PA over Space Farm. Much cleaner, nicer etc. About 45 minutes straight down 84.

Kristyn W. said...

We had a really late start to our day today, so we stuck with Space Farms. But, I did check out Claws N Paws online and will definitely be taking the little guy there :-) Thanks for the suggestion!!!