Saturday, June 25, 2011

Left it on the floor......

As many of you may know by now, I started CrossFit back in May, which is a really amazing program that works on strength, stamina, endurance, power, speed, gymnastics, agility, and many other areas of fitness.  It's just so hard to describe, especially since I am such a newbie at it.  But, I'm telling you, my muscles feel it every day, and right now I'm only able to get there 2 mornings a week.  Looking forward to when it can be 3 days a week!  Even after doing it for such a short period of time, I can see how some people find it addicting.  Heck, the one guy there calls it his "play time" he enjoys it so much.  It's odd, since I'm not a morning person, I dread going there, am unmotivated, and still half asleep when I walk in the doors.  But, by the end of the workout, I'm in a better frame of mind, have more energy, and feel incredible overall :-)  And, yes, the aches and pains set in hours later and linger the next day, and sometimes even the day after that - LOL!!!  Although, I have left there a couple times with spaghetti legs and barely able to walk.  I hate when that happens.  It's not fun and everyone who sees me must think I'm drunk!  However, it is a sign that I made it through a particularly rough workout so I'll take it.  I know my technique is still raw and I've got a lot of work to do on it before I can progress further with some of the elements of the workouts.  Plus, my overall stability still needs to improve quite a bit, because it is messed up due to my Multiple Sclerosis, but I'll get better at it.  It'll just take time and hard work.  I'm ready and willing to give it my all.

Speaking of hard work, I think yesterday, Friday, was my best workout yet.  At least I felt that way at the end.  Over the years, especially in my 20s and early 30s before the MS set in, I'd take aerobics/step classes, belong to gyms where I'd use the nautilus machines, hike in the state parks, powerwalk along the boardwalk when I lived down the Jersey shore, even go out dancing on weekends back in my crazy single days.  Of course I'd work hard, get winded, and sweat up a storm.  Now, I've always said, I don't "glow" or "glisten" like some ladies...I SWEAT.  Well, at least I thought I did...I worked myself to the point where I was literally dripping huge drops of sweat on Friday...As my post title states...I left it on the floor...Droplets of my sweat splattered on the ground where I was working out...I don't remember that happening before, EVER...And, yes, I even had a towel with me while working out, but as soon as I'd wipe myself off, it just kept coming as I kept on going - lifting and swinging the 20-pound kettlebell, doing my push ups, pull ups, and other elements of my workout...Never giving up until my prescribed WOD (workout of the day) was COMPLETE...I've never felt so proud before knowing that I pushed myself further than I ever had.  I can only imagine what I'm capable of doing if I keep this up; and I'm super excited to find out!!!!

Oh, and by the way, at least my title wasn't "Left it ALL on the floor..." as that would indicate working out to the ultimate extreme of puking my guts out...And, yes, there is an official puke bucket at the gym just for that...For any of you that watch The Biggest Loser, you've seen some contestants pushed to that point...Yeah, with CrossFit you can and probably at one time or another will work and push yourself that hard...I know I've already gotten nauseous a few times already...Heck, there's even an exercise called a Pukie..That is one thing I'm soooo not looking forward to finding out what it is - LOL!!!!

Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,
Krissy

No comments: