Sunday, October 31, 2010

Simply Spooktacular Treats On This Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!  I don't have much time to post this evening, but I am going to post a couple photos of the Halloween treats I made for my friend's party yesterday.  They were a hit, that's for sure :-)

The first photo is Caramel-Apple-Nut Bars, which I cut into triangles for better portion control, as well as presentation/plating, since they are so rich and buttery.  But, as far as I'm concerned, the more butter the better :-)  My hips definitely attest to that motto - LOL!!!  Plus, I wanted to make sure people had room for all the wonderful food my friend and others had made for the festivities.



Second photo is Mini Whoopie Pies, which were a request from the party host ;-)  One can never say no to the party host!  These were traditional chocolate whoopie pies with marshmallow filling.  I dyed the filling a pale orange to be more Halloween appropriate.



I'm also adding in one last photo which is my son, EJ, in his costume of Rock Star!!!  He's such a handsome little guy, if I do say so myself :-)  I'm definitely going to have my hands full with this future heartbreaker when he hits his teenage years.



If you'd like the recipes for any of these, just respond in the Comments section, and I'll get them up in the coming week.  Until next time...

Wishing you peace, love, and happiness from Krissy's Mixing Bowl :-)

No comments: